Hands down, the best Kamado UK grills to buy are ceramic grills. Ceramic Kamado BBQ grills (also known as Kamado ovens and sometimes called Japanese-style or traditional-style) produce that tasty and smoky barbecue flavor that you get with charcoal grills, but without all the mess and hassle of charcoal.
What’s more, ceramic grills also don’t take up too much space in your backyard or patio. For the backs of your living room, bedrooms and even kitchens, a kamado ceramic grill is a great choice.
In fact, the most popular cooking device for outdoor chefs is actually not a grill at all but an outdoor oven. The Kamado Smoker is a ceramic cooker that not only lets you cook delicious barbecue in your backyard or patio but also serves as a great place to cook on high heat. You can also use it indoors. For example, you can use it on top of your gas or electric stove to get perfect simmering sauces in just minutes while infusing their flavors into the food cooking inside it.
Kamado grills are also very versatile. They can be used to cook a wide variety of foods ranging from beef, poultry and pork cuts to a nice rack of ribs, steaks, and burgers. You can even cook entire meals in these ceramic grills because they have a high volume capacity and are much more efficient than using an outdoor grill.
Tips on choosing a Kamado grill
To help you find the best kamado grill for your needs, I’ve made up a list of tips to consider when choosing a Kamado grill. This list includes the things you should consider when shopping for such a product.
1. How Big Does Your Space? A lot of people who buy Kamado grills have limited space. If that’s the case, don’t go for a smaller model because it will take up too much space inside your home or in your garage and can even end up taking over too much space in your patio or outdoor kitchen.
2. What Type of Food Will You Cook? What type of food will you be cooking the most? For example, will you primarily sling overcooked burgers and overcooked steaks in your kamado grill? Or would you prefer to cook ribs, pork tenderloin and clamshell steaks? If so, how big is your family? If your family is a small one, then a smaller kamado grill would be better. But if it’s a large family, then it should be big enough to handle the amount of food that they eat.
3. What’s Your Budget? Kamado grills are not cheap. They are not expensive, but they’re not cheap. They range from $200 to over $1,000 depending on the make and model. If you don’t have a budget, then go for the cheaper models because you can always get replacement parts and parts upgrades relatively easily.
4. How Much Do You Know About Cooking? A lot of people who buy Kamado grills don’t know how to cook the food that they want in their kamado grill beforehand. Other factors such as buying a growler or a metal water cooler can also be an issue for many people who buy these appliances but never use them in their homes (i.e., they just move out of their homes).
5. Do You Cook a Lot? If you cook a lot and want to use your Kamado grill as an outdoor oven, then get the biggest one that you can afford. But if you’re only cooking for 1 or 2, then a smaller kamado grill will suffice.
6. Do You Want a Rotisserie? Some Kamado grills have rotisseries, others don’t. If you have little kids or like to entertain a lot of people, then get one with a rotisserie so that you can put in whole chickens and burgers on the spit and bake them in your home oven-style Kamado cooker.
7. What Type of Wood will Matches Your Grill? Do you have a lot of wood in your yard? If so, then get one that uses wood charcoal. If you don’t have very much outside space, then get a lighter grill that uses gas or electric.
8. How Much Does It Cost to Replace/Upgrade Parts? Kamado grills are not cheap. They are not expensive, but they are costly to maintain and upgrade parts often become expensive too. While some parts can be replaced by simply tightening screws, some need the whole gearbox or a replacement part so you’ll have to get this done at an auto shop or specialty workshop that specializes in these appliances.
If you’re new to kamado grills and don’t know much about them or you’re shopping for one, these are some tips on how to choose the best Kamado grill that will suit your needs. I hope you’ve found them helpful. Happy grilling!