Kamado grills are great for outdoor cooking because the design can produce high temperatures without using a lot of charcoal.
We’re going to talk about how you should go about choosing the perfect Kamado grill for you, what grill accessories are necessary, how to clean your Kamado Grills, and more! So whether you are looking to just buy your first Kamado BBQ grill or replace an old one with something new, this blog will be one of the best resources you will find on this topic.
Unfortunately, choosing the best Kamado grill isn’t easy. Because Kamado grills are so expensive, it’s important you choose the one that’s right for your needs.
Let’s start by looking at some of the most common options for Kamado Grills:
1.) Charcoal Kettle Grill
If you want a classic charcoal grill experience with that distinct “smokey” flavor then this is the best choice for you. A charcoal kettle grill has a simple design and is very easy to use. But it also means that they have limited temperature control and they can be hard to clean out while trying not to burn your hands on the hot coals.
2.) Kamado Charcoal Grill
This style of the grill is what you would get if you combined the advantages of a charcoal grill with the advantages of a gas grill. It’s called a Kamado because the design is based on traditional Japanese-style pots.
3.) Ceramic Kamado Grill
A kamado ceramic grill has similar benefits to a charcoal kamado, but it also has some distinct advantages too. They typically have temperature sensors that let you see how hot your grill is at any given time and can be easily upgraded as your cooking skills improve over time. Ceramic grills also have excellent heat retention, which means that you’ll be able to cook for longer periods before needing to add more fuel and it’s very easy to clean out after use.
They do tend to be more expensive than other types of Kamado grills, but you definitely pay for what you get. Keep in mind that the price can vary depending on the size, features, and quality of materials used in its design. If you are looking at a budget model then you may want to reconsider your options.
4.) Vertical Kamado Smoker
This type of grill is being made popular thanks to being featured on many TV cooking shows. On this grill, the grate is mounted vertically instead of horizontally which allows for more meat to be fit into a smaller space. Keep in mind that a vertical Kamado grill will not be able to cook as many foods at once as a horizontal or a regular kamado UK grill.
Things to keep in mind
And just like the other grills, you can also choose between high-end and low-end models. The following are just some of the most common options you should consider when choosing your next Kamado grill:
- Size: One of the biggest things to consider is how big of an area you want your Kamado grill to be able to cover. If you are going away for a vacation with a small group of friends or family then you probably don’t need anything too huge. A size that’s too big can be difficult to store when not in use and will be awkward for you to move in your backyard. On the other hand, a size that’s too small can make it difficult to cook the food you’d like. You may have noticed that some Kamado grills are bigger than others. The more expensive models tend to be larger, which can make them more versatile for certain uses.
- Features: Like any other grill, Kamado grills have many features that can help you improve your cooking experience. You’ll want to make sure you have a model that has everything you need, especially if you’re upgrading from an old grill. Newer models tend to have more features, which can all be helpful to help cook more foods.
- Price: For most people, price is the most important factor when choosing what type of grill they want. They just want something that’s going to be easy for them to use and doesn’t break too often. Price is also an important factor when buying new Kamado grills because it can determine how long your current one will last before needing replacement.
- Warranty: If you’re buying your first Kamado grill then you may want to go with a model that offers at least a 1-year warranty. This way, if there are any issues with your grill, you’ll be able to get it repaired or replaced without too much trouble. We recommend finding a model that has at least 2 or 3 years of warranty coverage.
- Customer Service: While the warranty will help protect you from product failure under normal use, it won’t protect you from manufacturer defects or bad customer service. We suggest finding a model with an excellent customer support department so that your questions will be answered and issues resolved in as little time as possible.