You may be familiar with the name Kamado grill, but you might not know what it is. Simply put, a Kamado grill is a type of oven that can replicate the cooking inside an oven without actually needing to use one. This means that you can cook food like steak or chicken in an outdoor kitchen without conflicting with your current kitchen or living space—and have more safety features such as no fire hazard and no risk of electric shock! All in all, this is a great investment for most people looking into cooking outside their house. Because of the great advantages and convenience it brings, this is why you want to know more about a Kamado UK grill so that you can make an informed decision whether to invest on one or not.
Kamado Grill advantages
Here are some of the benefits you’ll get from a Kamado grill.
- Convenience: You can cook outside your house and still have complete control over the temperature. One of the functions of a Kamado smoker is to control the airflow, so that air does not directly contact the food when you are grilling it. Most of them are made from stainless steel, which makes them durable and safe to use. On top of that, most models have temperature controls, which let you set and maintain the amount of heat you want in your food as it’s cooking.
- Ease of use: If you are familiar with the concept of a conventional oven, then you probably already know about the problem of having to get up from the table to check on your food. A Kamado grill is more convenient than that because it lets you have complete control over your food as it cooks. On top of that, most models are equipped with locking mechanisms, so that you will be able to lock them up when they are not in use so that they won’t be damaged or stolen.
- Health benefits: As mentioned above, most Kamado grills’ airflow system prevents direct contact between the food and air. Most people do not realize this, but smoke and grease can trigger health problems when breathed in. That is why you want a Kamado BBQ grill that has a vent system that is designed to prevent people from breathing in the food smoke.
- Food control: Kamado grills are naturally designed to make it easy for you to control the temperature of your food. For this, most models come with thermostats and thermostat switches so that you can easily adjust the heat as needed. On top of that, most models can be set up with temperature sensors and thermometers, so that you will know how hot your food is after it’s been cooked. That way, you can guarantee your food comes out at the best possible heat when it’s ready.
How do you use a Kamado grill?
Kamado grills are usually made from stainless steel and can be set up on wood or metal surfaces. For this reason, you may wonder how you’re supposed to use them. The good news for you is that most models come with instructions so that you can easily find out how to use your new grill. As for meat cooking, most Kamado grills heat up faster than other types of ovens because the design of the heat inside them is more similar to a conventional oven. That is why it’s recommended that you start cooking at a low heat (around 400 degrees) and then turn the temperature up as needed. In terms of the temperature, you can set your Kamado ceramic grill at 350 degrees for meat preparations, 400 degrees for chicken and fish, and 450 degrees for planks of wood.
Things to know about a Kamado grill
- Most Kamado grills are made to be used as a grill and oven. Some models might have a removable cooking grate that lets you use it as an outdoor grill, but you can still use it to bake your food if you want.
- If you are not sure what size of Kamado grill oven is ideal for your needs, then make sure to calculate the necessary amount of space for the model before buying to know if it will fit in your kitchen or outdoor space.
- There are different kinds of cooking surfaces available with most models. Some of them are even made from ceramic, cast iron, and carbon steel; which all bring different advantages to the experience.
With the information above, you’ve learned more about a Kamado grill. This means that you know more about how it’s used, how to cook food on it, its advantages and disadvantages, and how to use it properly. With that said, you may want to consider investing on one so that you can teach yourself how to use it as well as save money on food.